Welcome to the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Wellness Center.
Our mission is to maintain a safe and healthy campus. We understand the student’s health plays a critical role in their academic success and in achieving their ultimate goals.
The Wellness Center is an on-campus doctor’s office away from home. We are available to current enrolled students of the Prescott Campus. Our team is composed of registered nurses, a registered dietitian, two physicians and a medical assistant. We are contracted with an orthopedic surgeon in Prescott for orthopedic needs.
- Evaluation and treatment of illness
- First aid and follow-up care
- Medical flight groundings and ungroundings
- Medical equipment (crutches, splints and more)
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Free taxi rides to and from off-campus medical appointments
- Pregnancy testing and contraceptive prescriptions (condoms available)
- STD/STI diagnosis, treatment and education
*To see a full list of services, please visit the Health and Wellness site on ERNIE.
Individual Wellness Consultations
Wellness Center offers individual consultations available by appointment.
- Assistance with smoking cessation or other tobacco products
- Registered dietician for nutrition consults, including individual nutritional counseling available from our Daytona Beach Campus
- Women’s health issues, clinical services and education
- International students’ health issues
- Preventative medicine
- The mission of the Wellness Center is to maintain optimum physical and emotional health of the ERAU student body through the provision of quality, accessible, comprehensive, and cost-effective health care. The Wellness Center also promotes healthy behavior and lifestyle choices through ongoing educational outreach and programming.
- Note: The Wellness Center does not provide notes for missed classes, except in situations of hospitalization. Contact must be made with professors before the missed class. Individuals must be taking classes to utilize services.
- Please call us before you come in so we can better assist you.
- For students with medical concerns who have United Health Care Student Resources, you have access to Healthiest You Telehealth: 1-855-870-5858 or www.telehelp4students.com
If you need immediate assistance, please call 911.
For all other medical emergencies, please contact:
24 hrs. a day
Mon.-Fri.: 8 a.m.-7 p.m.
Mon.-Fri.: 7 a.m.-6 p.m.
Covid testing Monday-Friday
Information and Resources About Covid-19
Check symptoms at: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/if-you-are-sick/steps-when-sick.html – “What to Do if You Are Sick”
Arizona Covid-19 Hotline: 1-844-542-8201; provides information about where to test and what to do if you are sick.
CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
For Any Medical Concern: United Health Care Services – Telemedicine Online
Wellness Center Services
Flight and Air Traffic Control Student Consultations @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Prospective Flight and Air Traffic Control students should be aware that certain sensory impairments, medical, neurobiological, and psychological conditions, and prescription medications might delay or preclude FAA medical certification. Students should discuss these issues with an aviation medical examiner to ensure they are eligible to participate in instruction.
Students must go to the FAA MedXPress webpage for paperwork before their appointment with an FAA examiner.
Laboratory Services @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
It is the student's responsibility to know if their insurance requires a specific lab provider and what lab tests will be covered under their insurance policy. Students are responsible for any unpaid laboratory bills. Each student must have a good understanding of their insurance policy coverage to prevent unnecessary changes.
Additionally, Embry-Riddle's Health & Wellness Center will provide free taxi rides to and from off-campus medical appointments. Calls for taxi rides must come from the Wellness Center.
Required Immunizations @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
For more information and to view our list of required immunizations, visit our Immunizations Page.
Student Health Insurance @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
For more information, visit our Student Health Insurance Page.
Additional Health & Wellness Services @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
- Assessment and management of acute infections or injuries
- Assessment and management of chronic conditions
- Annual exams (including gynecological exams) and routine screening tests
- Limited prescriptions on site
- Travel planning and preparation
- Employment and athletic screenings
- Contraceptive evaluation, counseling, and prescriptions
- Pregnancy testing
- Emergency contraception access
- Nutrition counseling and support
- Tobacco, alcohol, and other drug counseling and support
- Health counseling and education
- DODMERB physicals
- ROTC physicals
- Sports physicals
- Study abroad physicals
- Suture removal
- Over the counter needs available upon request
- STD evaluation, counseling, diagnosis and treatment of:
- VDRL (Venereal Disease Research Laboratory)
Medical Information Authorization Release Form @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Fall/Spring: Mon.-Fri.: 7 a.m.-4 p.m.
Summer: Mon.-Thurs.: 7 a.m.-4 p.m.; Mon.-Thurs.: 4-5 p.m. phone hours
Please call for an appointment, no walk-ins can be permitted at this time.
To be announced