The Center for International Programs and Services (CIPS) provides Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, Arizona, USA with a proactive, student-centered approach in support of internationalization and diversity in our institution. CIPS partners with international admissions and recruiting, while developing and implementing opportunities for all students to participate in programs which enhance international student retention. CIPS provides guidance and advising on matters relating to the U.S. legal immigration status of students under federal law.
CIPS Focus Areas
- International admission and orientation
- Immigration and sponsored student services
- International student advising and retention services
- International student programming, events and activities
- International student health insurance, banking, housing info
CIPS is a place where you find the merge of many cultures and international experiences. They have awesome people ready to guide and stand for their international students and provide for their needs and aspirations.
Pre-Arrival and International Student Orientation Information
Welcome to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University!
All admitted international undergraduate, graduate or transfer students holding F-1 and J-1 visas are required to complete both a pre-arrival online orientation and attend the Center for International Programs and Services (CIPS) on-campus international student orientation and online document check in.
Pre-Arrival Online Orientation @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Learn more about our Online Pre-Arrival Orientation. Pre-arrival orientation must be completed before attending the international student on-campus orientation.
Have questions? Scroll down and look at our dropdowns
International Student Orientation @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Read more about the international student on-campus orientation schedule.
Bank Account @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Once you arrive in the U.S., you will be able to establish a checking account at a bank near your school or home.
To do this, you will need to bring the following documents with you to the bank:
- Original Valid Passport
- Embry-Riddle Student ID
You will get your Embry-Riddle student ID when you arrive on campus.
If you need U.S. dollars immediately upon your arrival, please look for foreign currency exchanges located at International Terminals. If you arrive at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport there is a foreign currency exchange at Travelex in Terminal 4 near Gate B15.
There are many banks to choose from in Prescott. CIPS will assist you with information about banks in the area. Please do not bring large amounts of cash with you. It is unwise to carry large amounts of cash, so keep most of your money in traveler's checks (or other non-cash forms) until you open a bank account.
Some nearby banks include:
- Chase Bank
- Bank of America
- Wells Fargo
- OneAZ Credit Union
Housing (On Campus/ Off campus) @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Freshman are required to live on-campus for their first year.
Carrier/Sim card @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Most newer smartphones work in the US, but older Huawei phones don’t work in the US. Popular phone carriers near the school include:
- Verizon (better coverage throughout Arizona)
- AT&T (most expensive plan but average coverage)
- T-Mobile (better coverage on campus)
- Mint (same coverage as T-Mobile but at a better price)
Most students use apps like Whatsapp, Line, WeChat, and Kakao Talk to stay in touch with their families and friends abroad.
Meal Plan @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
First-Year resident students (Definition for First Year student is based on your academic standing. If you are considered as freshman for your academic standing, you will be considered as First-Year resident students) are required to purchase either the All Access Plan or the 250 Block "Mega" Plan. Both meal plans offer the most freedom and flexibility.
- The All Access is perfect for you if you like to eat more frequent meals and snacks throughout the day. With this plan, there is no limit to the number of times that you can enter Earhart's Dining Hall (with one swipe of your meal card) whether for a full meal or a quick snack between classes. The All Access plan adds flexibility and variety to your dining experience with the inclusion of dining dollars for use at the WOW Café, Scholars' Café, Eagle's Café, and our food carts.
- Block Meal Plans entitle you to a fixed number of meals per semester in Earhart's Dining Hall. One swipe of the meal card allows entry to you or a guest into Earhart's Dining Hall for one all-you-care-to-eat meal, any day of the week.
Meal plans are optional for all other students.
Transportation within Prescott, AZ @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
There is no public transportation within Prescott. Taking Uber or Lyft to the closest grocery store from the university (Fry's Food And Drug Store) costs around $7 one way.
Walking to the closest grocery store (Fry's Food And Drug) takes 30 minutes one-way.
Our Student Government Association sponsors shuttles that take students to the grocery stores and Walmart during the week. Check their website for days and times.
How to get to campus from the airport? @Model.DrawerTitleSize>
Getting to campus from Prescott Regional Airport
Taking Uber or Lyft to campus would cost around $12 one way.
Getting to campus from Sky Harbor International Airport
Groome Transportation is the most affordable shuttle to take between Phoenix airport and Prescott.