Embry-Riddle wants you to get credit for courses and exams that you've previously taken. Use the Transfer Portal to get a free, unofficial estimate of how your credits will transfer to different ERAU degree programs.

Transfer Credit Evaluation

An academic evaluation is conducted whenever transfer credit is requested. Current advisors, Department Chairs, and the Office of Records and Registration may determine the validity of transfer credit and how it is applied to your degree progress. You are also granted one academic evaluation per semester outside of the request for transfer credit evaluation. In order to receive an evaluation, you must have submitted all transcripts and been accepted into the University.

To get a head start and see which classes will transfer from your current institution to Embry-Riddle, please visit our Transfer Portal. Please note that only classes required for your degree program will transfer. In some degree program cases, other classes may be transferred in as elective credits. These equivalencies are provided as guides, not guarantees. You should work closely with your ERAU Admissions Counselor to ensure you take courses which will be applicable to your Embry-Riddle educational goals.

The Office of the Registrar evaluates and records transfer credit and advanced placement test credit. In general, transfer credit is awarded when the course is:

  • earned at a school accredited by a Regional Accreditation Association
  • grade of “C” or better
  • grade of “P” if the transcript indicates that it is equal to “C” or better
  • college level (not remedial) coursework
  • earned in the past ten years

Credits taken outside the U.S. require a course-by-course evaluation in English by an independent credential evaluation service. To obtain an evaluation, please contact one of the following organizations:

Due to additional accreditation guidelines, courses in certain programs such as Engineering require review by the department. You may need to provide course documents such as a course outline.

The applicability of credits to specific degree programs is evaluated on a course-by-course basis. Please review the catalog for the degree requirements for the program that you plan to pursue. Transfer courses may be applied toward specific requirements, such as general education or major requirements, or serve as elective credit.

Advanced Standing Application

Advanced Standing status can be granted for work that was completed as a part of an appropriated post-secondary educational training experience or program. The instruction must have covered the material inherent in the specific course and must have been complex enough to give the student the required expertise and knowledge.

Approval for Advanced Standing is granted by the Office of Records and Registration.