Scholarships are financial awards given to students based on their abilities inside and outside the classroom. The best part about scholarships is they do not have to be repaid. 94% of Embry-Riddle freshmen students receive some form of financial aid through scholarships, grants and loans. Scholarship deadlines may vary, so apply early.
Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the best way to discover the types of federal funding you qualify for. Some scholarships are need-based and require a FAFSA. You need to file a FAFSA each year you are in college.
Continuing students can apply for Embry-Riddle donor-funded scholarships by visiting erau.edu/scholarships.
Embry-Riddle endowed and term scholarships are funds that are generously donated to help students pay for their education. Completing the application does not guarantee that you will receive a scholarship. If you are selected for a scholarship it will be paid in the Fall and Spring semesters of the following academic year.
|Congratulations term and endowed scholarship award winners! 477 students were awarded a total of $1,651,247!|
Scholarship award amounts vary from $500 to $5,000. Scholarship criteria also vary; some are very specific, and others are very general. Only fields marked with an asterisk on the application are required, but please fill out as much information as you can in order to increase your eligibility for one or more of the scholarships.
Don't have leadership, honors or community activities? Apply anyway! Some scholarships do not require extracurricular activities. You can't win if you're not in!
Learn about two-year scholarships available through Embry-Riddle's Boeing Scholars program.
A list of general scholarships is available below under "All Majors," as well as scholarships by specific area of interest or criteria. You are not limited to the scholarships listed on our site. Use the Search Engines section to search for any scholarship for which you may qualify.
|Congratulations external scholarship award winners! 270 students university-wide were awarded a total of $1,075,000 in donor scholarship funding!|
You can be awarded up to your cost of attendance, so apply for as many as possible. If you receive an external scholarship, the funds should be sent directly to the Financial Aid Office and applied to your account.
Some scholarships require a written essay. It is best to create a general draft and edit that copy for each individual scholarship.
- SAE International
- American Helicopter Society International - Arizona Chapter
- AHS International-The Vertical Flight Society
- American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics
- National Space Club and Foundation
- Dr. Friedrich Straub Memorial Scholarship
- Matthew Isakowitz Fellowship Program
- National Society of Mechanical Engineers
- National Society of Professional Engineers
- Universities Space Research Association’s (USRA) Distinguished Undergraduate Awards
- American Association of University Women
- Armed Forces Communications & Electronics Association
- American Society of Safety Engineers
- American Water Works Association
- Arizona Airports Association
- Glen Doherty
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Joseph A. Holmes Safety Association
- National Military Intelligence Foundation
- Boren Awards
- Pat Tillman Foundation
ISASI-Robertson Fellowship (Deadline: October 28)
The purpose of the ISASI-Robertson Fellowship Program is to support graduate students in the Master of Science in Safety Science (MSSS) degree program at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott campus. Learn More about the ISASI-Robertson Fellowship.
Other Financial Opportunities
- American Meteorological Society Scholarships and Fellowships
- National Weather Association Scholarships and Grants
- Environmental Protection Agency Funding Opportunities
Note: Students studying meteorology and in ROTC can apply for scholarships in technical degree fields.
- Goldwater Scholarship
- National Security Education Program
- Open Society Foundation
- Freeman Asia Awards
- Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship
- Department of Homeland Security Undergraduate Scholarship
- Thomas R. Pickering Foreign Affairs Fellowship
- National Science Foundation
- Marshall Scholarships
- Rhodes Scholarships
- Jack Kent Cooke Graduate Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad