To be eligible to join AFROTC, each cadet must meet the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college that hosts or has a crosstown agreement with an Air Force ROTC detachment
- Be a U.S. citizen after freshman year
- Be in good physical condition (cadets must pass the Fitness Assessment)
- Be of good moral character
- Attend both the Aerospace Studies class and Leadership Lab each semester
Fitness Assessment (FA)
The FA is taken every fall and spring term while a cadet is enrolled in Air Force ROTC. Cadets in the General Military Course (GMC) or not on a scholarship must attempt the test but do not have to pass. Scholarship cadets and cadets in the Professional Officer Course (POC) must pass the test each fall and spring term.
The FA is composed of three events in the following order:
- 1.5-mile run
All events must be completed, with a short rest period between each event. The minimum score is 75 points, and all minimums must be met.