Researchers are welcome to use the collections in person during the archives’ reading room hours. Archives staff will assist you in locating pertinent resources. We recommend looking at our collection information online and contacting the archives in advance of your visit; a little planning will help to make your time visiting the archives as productive as possible.
By Mail, Email or Phone
If you are unable to visit in person, please contact us. We will be happy to answer your questions and/or help you identify specific materials to request. Please be as specific as possible. Looking at our collection information online is a good place to start, but if you don't see what you are looking for, please ask. Scanned copies of documents from the collections can be sent to you. Fees do apply to scan requests.
Many items from the archives' collections have been scanned and are available through our Digital Library. The number of scanned items in the Digital Library is growing but still represents just a small portion of the total number of documents in the archives. If you don't find what you are looking for, please ask. It may be an item that has not yet been scanned.
The Archives is able to provide digital copies of most documents and photographs in our collections. Some items may be unable to be copied due to formant, fragility or legal/copyright/other restrictions. All scanning is done by the Archives staff.
On-site researchers may be able to use a personal camera (without flash) to photograph items in the collections. Permission to photograph should be requested from Archives staff during your visit. Staff will advise users of appropriate handling procedures and any limitations to what may be photographed. Personal and handheld scanners are never permitted.
The Archives accepts payment by cash (on-site users), check or money order. We regret that we are unable to accept credit or debit cards at this time.
- Standard copies (available for text and/or image copies)
- PDF scan: $0.20 per page plus a $5.00 processing fee per order (delivered as PDF online, or mailed on a USB flash drive or as hard copy). Free to Embry-Riddle faculty, staff and students (delivered as PDF online).
- Digital scans (delivered via e-mail or mailed on a USB flash drive)
- 300 dpi JPEG: $10 per image plus a $5 processing fee per order.
- 600 (or higher) dpi (JPEG or TIFF): $20 per image plus a $5 processing fee per order.
- Other copy formats: Please contact us for availability and pricing.