Some of these items also appear on the “To Do” list in your ERNIE Student Homepage.

  • Set up your ERNIE account at Click on Activate Your Account and follow the prompts.
  • Submit an enrollment agreement through ERNIE. Under Forms and then Office of the Registrar, click the Enrollment Agreement link. Required by the State of Arizona. Must be submitted prior to the start of the term to avoid registration hold, housing check-in hold, Eagle Card hold, inability to pay bill and other holds.
  • Submit a financial disclosure through your ERNIE Student Homepage>Tasks tile>To-Do List. Must be submitted within 60 days of class registration to avoid a registration hold.
  • Have your official final high school transcript (must include graduation date) and/or official transcripts from all colleges previously attended mailed directly to the Embry-Riddle Admissions Office - Prescott Campus at 3700 Willow Creek Rd., Prescott, AZ 86301.
  • All Flight Students – carefully review Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA) information. Original documents must be presented in person during Orientation. Non-U.S. citizens should note special instructions regarding ATSA.
  • All Flight Students – obtain and bring FAA Medical Certificate.
  • Bring FAA certificates and log book (experienced flight students only).
  • Complete Medical Report Form found at; provide proof of 2 measles, mumps and rubella immunizations, 3 Hepatitis B injections and a Meningococcal vaccine. Must be on file in Wellness Center to avoid registration hold, housing check-in hold, Eagle Card hold, inability to pay bill and other holds.
  • Health insurance is mandatory. If you have comparable health insurance and want to opt out of the University policy, you must complete the waiver through ERNIE between January 1 and August 15, 2021 or you will be charged the fee.
  • Register your vehicles.
  • Apply for your Eagle Card (student ID). Log on to your ERNIE account and click on Forms, then on the Apply for EAGLEcard link.
  • Bring course outlines/syllabi for transfer courses, if previously requested.

Taking Care of Business

Ordering Textbooks

Once you are enrolled in courses, you can order your textbooks online through your ERNIE Student Services Center. In your student center, go to Enroll > My Class Schedule and then click on the link to the bookstore. All of your required textbooks will automatically populate. For more information about the Embry-Riddle Bookstore, go to or call the Bookstore at 928-777-3732.

On-Campus Housing

Housing information, including floor plans, rates, and meal plan options, can be found on the University website at To apply for housing, submit the $300 security deposit online at and complete the application through You will login using your ERNIE account ID and password. Both your deposit and application must be submitted for you to secure on-campus housing. When room assignments have been made, a confirmation of your assignment will be emailed to your ERAU email account. Be sure to read the housing terms and conditions. For help, contact Housing and Residence Life at or 928-777-3744.

Financial Aid

If you have filed your 2019-2020 FAFSA and have not received a confirmation of financial aid awarded to you, please contact the Financial Aid Office as soon as possible. All aid awarded to you should be confirmed before your arrival on campus. The Financial Aid Office can be reached by calling 1-800-888-ERAU, extension 3765 or fax 928-777-3893.

Costs and Payments

Refer to the Financial Handbook for information regarding tuition, flight, housing, meal plan costs and fees. You must be registered for classes in order for a bill to be generated. To view your account statement in the Student Homepage click on the Finances tile, then select Statement of Account. Students’ class schedules are activated upon receipt of payment or enrollment in a payment plan.

All credit card charges paid on your student account (tuition, housing, meal plans, parking, fines and fees) and flight payments made through the Education and Training Administration (ETA) system will incur a third party processing fee.

Mandatory Health Insurance

Embry-Riddle requires all students to have health insurance. To help fulfill this requirement the University offers a basic insurance plan that is underwritten by United Healthcare. The plan is offered at a greatly reduced premium and is renewable on an annual basis. Enrollment is automatic. Students who already have private coverage that is comparable to the plan that the University offers may be allowed to waive out of the University sponsored plan. You must complete the waiver in order to avoid this charge to your student account. Additional information regarding the plan highlights and instructions for those who wish to waive out will be forthcoming from United Healthcare. For more information please contact the Wellness Center, 928-777-6653. International students are required to carry the University’s insurance plan unless waived by demonstrating comparable coverage.


A Medical Report Form is required and can be found here. All students born after Dec. 31, 1956 must provide proof of two doses of MMR (Measles, Mumps, and Rubella) administered on or after January 1, 1968 and on or after their first birthday. All students who reside in University housing must either document the immunizations for Hepatitis B and Meningococcal Meningitis OR sign a waiver declining vaccination. Vaccines are given at the Wellness Center. Immunization records and the Medical Report Form must be on file in the Wellness Center prior to avoid registration hold, housing check-in hold, Eagle Card hold, inability to pay bill and other holds.

Disability Support Services

The Disability Support Services (DSS) Office provides services to qualified students with disabilities. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to contact the DSS Office at least two months in advance. For disabilities that require accommodations related to housing on campus, incoming students should contact DSS at least four months prior to their expected term start date. Please see the DSS website for additional information including policies and procedures.

Get Connected

New undergraduate students can start meeting future classmates through the Embry-Riddle - Prescott Facebook app. You can link to the app and join the Embry-Riddle community at

See upcoming campus events on the Eagle Life page at

Computer Recommendations

It is not required that a student own a desktop or laptop in order to be successful at Embry-Riddle. There are plenty of on-campus resources for students including multiple computer labs as well as laptops available for checkout in the library. Junior and senior engineering students will be utilizing on-campus computer labs for engineering software tools that are beyond the typical college student budget.

If you are planning to purchase a computer, Embry-Riddle students can use their school email address at Dell and Apple online stores to receive student discounts on these purchases. Lastly, we offer a selection of free operating systems and Microsoft Office suites downloadable through ERNIE, so don’t pay for this software with your computer purchase. Please contact IT if you have further questions or require technical support at 928-777-6990 or

iPad Requirement for Flight Students

All flight students are required to have an Apple tablet for utilization of flight planning software during flight activities. The 10.5” or smaller iPads are recommended.

Vehicle Registration

Register your vehicle - truck, car, or motorcycle - online by going to and clicking on the link to Online Parking Registration in the right-hand column. Print your temporary permit at the end of the online transaction. Display it on your dashboard until you receive your permanent parking permit sticker in about ten days. The sticker is mailed to you so double check your mailing address during the transaction. The parking permit fee for the 2019-2020 school year is $120 for a vehicle, $60 for a motorcycle. If you have a bicycle you are required to register it as well, but the permit is free and does not expire. Vehicle registration charges will be added to your student account when you register your vehicle online, no cash or immediate payment is required. There is no “Grace Period” so please purchase your permit today.

Pre-Flight Checklist for Flight Students

All students intending to pursue flight training at Embry-Riddle should carefully review the following information. Failure to comply with pre-flight requirements will delay the start of your flight training.

The following are required to be presented prior to the start of classes:

Proof of U.S. Citizenship

The Aviation and Transportation Security Act (ATSA) requires that all U.S. citizens taking flight training must show proof of U.S. citizenship. These requirements must be met prior to the start of any flight training. Proof of U.S. citizenship may be presented by submitting one of the following original documents. Please provide only original documents. Photocopies, even certified copies, are not acceptable. If using a document other than a valid passport, a current government issued photo identification document will also be required.

• A valid, unexpired U.S. passport

• An original birth certificate documenting birth in the United States or one of its territories*

• An original U.S. naturalization certificate with raised seal, Form N-550 or Form N-570

• An original certification of birth abroad, Form FS-545, Form DS-1350, Form FS-240 –OR–

An original certificate of U.S. citizenship, Form N-560 or Form N-561

* 49CFR Part 1552 states “the individuals original or government issue certified U.S. American Samoa, or Swains Island birth certificate, together with a government-issued picture identification of the individual.”

Please do not mail original documents; bring the original documents in person. Students will not be allowed to start their flight training until this documentation is submitted. There are no exceptions to this regulation. Flight students may contact Flight Records with questions, Building F-6, 928-777-4327.

FAA Medical Certificate (required for ALL flight students)

All students planning to begin flight training at Embry-Riddle are required to hold a current First or Second Class Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) medical certificate. Aviation Medical Examiners (AMEs) are designated by the FAA to issue these certificates, following completion of an application and a physical examination. AMEs can be found in most U.S. cities and in major cities abroad. A directory is located at the FAA website.

Please be aware that past medical and/or legal problems, including drug- and alcohol-related convictions, could result in you being denied a medical certificate even if you feel you are in good health. All previous medical and legal issues should be evaluated before you begin your education for an aviation-related career; if they are not, delays are common. You will not be allowed to enroll in flight laboratories without a FAA medical certificate. Therefore, to avoid delays, we advise you to obtain your medical certificate before coming to Embry-Riddle. For students coming from countries outside of the United States, please contact the Airman Certification Coordinator at the Flight Department prior to obtaining a medical certificate. In some cases, medical certificates may not be valid. If you have significant medical and/or legal problems, be sure to bring copies of medical and/or court records for your FAA medical examiner to review.

Both the government and the aerospace industry consider drug- and alcohol-related convictions (yes—paying a fine is a conviction) a serious problem. Medical and behavioral standards for professional pilots and air traffic controllers are among the highest in our society. Mistakes, poor judgment, and other “indiscretions of youth” can have lasting consequences for your career. Prevention through responsible behavior is key.

Student Pilot Certificate (FA 121 Flight Students)

In addition to the FAA Medical Certificate described above, students enrolling in FA 121 are required to obtain a Student Pilot Certificate. The Student Pilot Certificate can be issued at your local Flight Standards District Office (FSDO), by a Designated Pilot Examiner, or it can be issued by the ERAU Flight Records office upon your arrival for Orientation. If you choose to have your certificate issued by the Flight Records office, you must contact them at 928-777-4323 or 928-777-4327 upon arrival. Local Designated Pilot Examiners may be found at or locate your local Flight Standards District Office.

Certificates or Flight Ratings Earned Before Enrolling at Embry-Riddle

Original certificates must be presented in the Records Office for possible advance standing credit. Copies can be sent to Admissions prior to enrollment for unofficial transfer credit evaluation.

Information about Flight Training for Non-U.S. Citizens

Non-U.S. citizens unable to provide proof of U.S. citizenship as noted in item 1 above must comply with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) notification requirements. All non-U.S. citizens must meet with the Airman Certification Representative at the Flight Department before beginning flight training to register with the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) online. The students are required to submit a training application, fingerprints, a valid passport and student visa along with a processing fee to the TSA. The students can register for flight courses and begin flight training as soon as the TSA approves the training request. Some advanced flight courses may require a waiting period of up to 30 days. If Embry-Riddle receives any directive from the DHS or the TSA, the student may be administratively withdrawn. This information and fee, but not the fingerprints, must be sent prior to starting additional specific flight courses and will be managed through Embry-Riddle’s Airman Certification Coordinator at the Flight Training Center. Questions or need help? Contact the Airman Certification Coordinator at 928-777-4327.

Cost of Flight Training

Flight costs are not covered by your tuition payments. View detailed information on flight costs per year and per course. Subject to change.

Drug-Testing Program

In the effort to maintain a work and educational environment that is safe for its employees and students, the University has established a mandatory flight student drug-testing program. Success in the aviation industry requires a commitment to excel and the discipline to avoid unsafe practices. The use of illegal drugs constitutes an unsafe practice and is incompatible with an aviation environment. All students entering the flight training program are subject to random and post-accident drug testing in accordance with the policy outlined in the Undergraduate Catalog. The University reserves the right to immediately suspend or dismiss any student who uses or possesses illegal drugs.

Contact Information

Academic Advisors

Kai Lee
College of Arts & Sciences

Merrie Heath
College of Aviation

Stacey McIntire
College of Aviation - Fixed Wing Flight

Paula Fuhst
College of Engineering

Phaedra Sova
College of Engineering

Juli Szilagyi
College of Engineering

Cristal Lewis
College of Security & Intelligence



Career Services

Kevin Hewerdine
Executive Director

Darren Hudak

Laura Polk



Center for International Programs and Studies

Pauline Filemoni

Disability Support Services

Jane Ellingwood

Financial Aid


Graduate Programs

Dr. Tyrone Groh
M.S. in Security & Intelligence Studies

Dr. Ed Coleman
M.S. in Safety Science

Dr. Krishna Sampigethaya
M.S. in Cyber Intelligence & Security

Housing & Residence Life


Information Technology (IT)

Help Desk

Office of the Registrar



Air Force


Safety and Security 


Veterans Affairs


Wellness Center