The Meteorology Laboratory is used for teaching senior Applied Meteorology classes, for meteorology tutoring and for student research. Students access around 600 GB of archived and real-time data using interactive graphics software plus satellite and radar imagery, to perform research into notable past storms, climate variability and change, cloud microphysics and a variety of other meteorological studies. Students also access data to support WxChallenge, an intercollegiate weather forecasting competition.
- Rooftop observation deck w/ 360-degree view
- Two automated radiosonde tracking systems
- Weather balloon launching facility
- Two automated weather observing stations
- Nine Windows computers
- Two Linux machines for NWP models
- Hand-held weather observing equipment
- Science demo equipment
- Six large wall monitors and smart TV monitor
- Instructor PC
- Overhead projector
- Desk seating for weather discussions
Location: AC1 116
Contact Us: To speak to someone about this lab or any of our facilities, call us at 928-777-6600 or 800-888-3728, or email Prescott@erau.edu.
Lab Director: Mark Sinclair