Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is committed to seeking the best loan products to fit our students' needs. Each year, we request information from many lenders in order to find products to recommend. Our selections are based on pricing, customer service, process and technology to support a fully electronic method by which you can complete your application, with funds being disbursed and received via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT).
Things to keep in mind about student loans
- They must be repaid.
- Eligibility for federal loans is determined by your FAFSA (Free Application For Federal Student Aid) results.
- Loans can be used only for education costs such as tuition, fees, room, board, books, supplies and flight costs.
- Borrow only what you need.
- It is a good idea to borrow from the same lender every year.
- Research and select the loan product which is most suited to your needs.
Borrowers are welcome to choose any eligible, participating lender regardless of whether it appears on our preferred lenders list.
Repayment Estimator for Student Stafford Loans
The Department of Education provides a free online interactive loan repayment estimator for students with existing Stafford student loans. You may find details by logging into www.studentloans.gov or by following printed instructions located here.