Captain Troy E. Meno is the Commandant of Cadets for Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 028 at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, Arizona.
Capt. Meno was commissioned in 2011 through the AFROTC program at The University of Kentucky, Detachment 290, after graduating from Kentucky State University with a bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications and Journalism. As a nuclear and missile operator, he spent his first operational assignment at Malmstrom Air Force Base (AFB), Montana, where he pulled over 4,000 nuclear alert hours operating the Minuteman III weapon system. Next, he transitioned to Vandenberg AFB, California, where he was an ICBM Operations Initial Skills Training Instructor, providing over 2,000 hours of instruction. Prior to his current position, Capt. Meno served as the assistant flight commander of missile maintenance operations, where he supervised over 120 enlisted and officer accessions annually.
- 2011 - Bachelor of Arts, Mass Communication & Journalism, Kentucky State University
- 2016 - Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
- 2019 - Master of Arts, Organizational Leadership, Brandman University
- January 2012-July 2012, Student, Minuteman III Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Initial Qualification Training, 532d Training Squadron, Vandenberg AFB, Calif.
- July 2012-July 2017, Squadron Command Post Deputy Missile Combat Crew Commander, Deputy Missile Combat Crew Instructor, Squadron Command Post Missile Combat Crew Commander, Operations Group Assistant Chief of Standardization and Evaluation, Combat Crew Flight Commander, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
- August 2017-July 2021, Instructor, Minuteman III ICBM Initial Qualification Training Operations Flight, Weapons and Tactics Flight Instructor Supervisor, ICBM Operations and Missile Maintenance Flight Assistant Flight Commander, 532d Training Squadron, Vandenberg SFB, Calif.
- July 2021-Present, Operations Flight Commander, AFROTC Det 028, Prescott, Ariz.
- USAF Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
- USAF Achievement Medal
- Combat Readiness Medal
- Nuclear Deterrence Operations Service Medal with "N" device
- Second Lieutenant - 2011
- First Lieutenant - 2013
- Captain - 2015
Prescott, AZ 86301