Upward Bound is a federally funded program for high school students in Prescott, AZ, and the surrounding area who are committed to preparing for a postsecondary (college) education.
The Upward Bound program is designed to give participants — who attend for free — the tools, skills, and knowledge to be successful in high school and at the university level. Students enrolled in Upward Bound are four times more likely to attend college.
Who is Eligible?
- Students in the ninth, 10th, or 11th grade at Tri-City College Prep School, Chino Valley High School, Mayer High School, and Bradshaw Mountain High School
- First generation to attend college (i.e., parents/guardians do not have a four-year degree)
- Families who meet federal guidelines for financial eligibility
How Much Does it Cost?
Upward Bound is FREE to all participants and includes:
- Embry-Riddle courses
- Summer housing
- Field trips
- SAT/ACT waivers
- Social and cultural activities
- Books for summer program
- End-of-summer trip
- Upward Bound banquet
What are the Benefits?
- Academic support
- Financial aid information and workshops
- ACT/SAT prep
- Free tutoring
- Career exploration
- Field trips
- College campus visits
- Cultural activities
- Community service
- Tuition-free high school and college-credit courses
- Stipends for attending weekly meetings and completing academic units
How do I Apply?
Please fill out the Upward Bound application and mail or fax (928-777-6693) it to:
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
3700 Willow Creek Road
Prescott, AZ 86301