Please visit the "Register" page for further assistance on registering for the program.

To be eligible for services at ERAU you must have a documented disability as defined by federal and state law. These laws state that qualified people with disabilities are protected from discrimination. A person with a disability is defined as someone who:

  • Has a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities (major life activities include but are not limited to: caring for oneself, performing manual tasks, walking, seeing, hearing, speaking, breathing, learning, working), has a record of such an impairment, is regarded as having such an impairment.

  • Individuals with disabilities may include persons who have: mobility, sensory or speech impairments, mental illness, learning disabilities or attention deficits. Disabilities may be neurological, psychological, or physical.

A reasonable accommodation is an adjustment to a course, program, activity, or facility that enables a qualified individual with a disability to have an equal opportunity to participate in their academic program. Some common academic accommodations include extended time on tests, use of peer note takers, and provision of sign language interpreters.

Students are under no obligation whatsoever to disclose their disabilities to anyone. However, any student requesting accommodations at ERAU must disclose his/her disability and provide appropriate documentation to Disability Support Services (DSS).

Students are responsible for delivering their Accommodation Letters (prepared by DSS) to course instructors each semester. For more information, see Pages 2-5 Accommodation Letter Guidelines.

Yes. You only need to deliver your Accommodation Letter to the instructors of the classes you want accommodations in.

Students and parents often assume that the services received in high school are continued at the college level or that support services will be put into place automatically. However, different federal laws and policies dictate which services and accommodations will be received. It is important to understand the differences between high school and college. It is also the student's responsibility to request accommodations.

We will consider any information (including, but not limited to, your description of your needs; records of past accommodations and services from high school or another college; formal psychological or medical evaluations, letters from past health, education or service providers) when evaluating requests for accommodation. This information is needed so that we can develop an understanding of how your diagnosis might impact you. The minimum documentation required to register with DSS is a diagnostic evaluation completed by a qualified professional (i.e. Medical Doctor, Psychologist, Counselor) and typed on letterhead.

Please contact the Prescott Campus Disability Support Services Department at prdss@erau.edu or 928-777-6750. For more information, see the Grievance Procedures page.

Are You an Incoming Freshman?

The transition from high school to college can be exciting and stressful at the same time. If you are a student with a disability, there may be additional aspects of this transition for you to consider. Below are three articles that shed light on some differences between being a student with a disability in high school and in college.

Social Media

Contact Us

Disability Support Services (DSS)