Major Richardson is the Operations Officer for Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 028, at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, Arizona.
Maj Richardson received his commission from Officer Training School in 2006 after spending 15 years enlisted in Security Forces. During his enlisted years, he was assigned to in a variety of positions, including Law Enforcement Desk Sergeant and Flight Chief. His assignments included time in North Dakota, Turkey, United Kingdom, Nevada, Saudi Arabia, Japan, and Pakistan. He has been deployed numerous times including Bosnia-Herzegovina, Saudi Arabia, and most recently Pakistan. As a 2d Lieutenant, he was assigned as an Acquisitions Officer at Los Angeles Air Force Base (AFB), California, where he served as a program manager, an executive officer, and a staff officer to the Space & Missile Systems Center Commander. Upon completion of his tour, he was assigned to the C-17 Combined Program Office, where he again performed duties as a program manager and executive officer.
Maj Richardson is a Distinguished Graduate from Officer Training School and Airman Leadership School. He has twice been selected as his unit’s Company Grade Officer of the Year and was the AFROTC Instructor of the Year for 2015, AFROTC Education Flight Commander of the Year for 2016, and the Southwest Region Operations Officer of the Year for 2017. While enlisted, he was selected as the Air Warfare Center’s Noncommissioned Officer (NCO) of the Year out of over 3,500 NCOs.
Prior to his current position, Maj Richardson was the Executive Officer, C-17 Program Office, Robins AFB, Ga.
1996 Airman Leadership School, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
2002 Associate’s Degree, Criminal Justice, Community College of the Air Force, Nellis AFB, Nev.
2005 Bachelor of Science, Management Studies, University of Maryland, Kadena AFB, Japan
2006 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2015 Squadron Officers School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. April 1992 - June 1993, Security Police Response Team Member, Grand Forks AFB, N.D.
2. June 1993 - June 1994, Security Police Patrolman, Pirincilik Air Base (AB), Turkey
3. June 1994 - June 1996, Security Police Patrolman, RAF Mildenhall, United Kingdom
4. June 1996 - June 1997, Law Enforcement Desk Sergeant, Pirincilik AB, Turkey
5. June 1997 - December 2002, Security Controller, Nellis AFB, Nev.
6. December 2002 - January 2006, Security Forces Flight Chief, Kadena AFB, Japan
7. January 2006 - April 2006, Trainee, Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
8. April 2006 - April 2007, Executive Officer, Program Management & Integration Directorate, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
9. April 2007 - April 2009, Staff Officer, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
10. April 2009 - April 2010, Program Manager, Global Positioning Systems Wing, Los Angeles AFB, Calif,
11. April 2010 - November 2011, Strategic Analyst, Plans & Programs Directorate, Los Angeles AFB, Calif.
12. November 2011 - January 2013, Program Manager, C-17 Combined Program Office, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. January 2013 - July 2014, Executive Officer, C-17 Program Office, Robins AFB, Ga.
14. July 2014 - April 2016, Education Flight Commander, AFROTC Det 028, Prescott, Ariz.
15. April 2016 - present, Operations Officer, AFROTC Det 028, Prescott, Ariz.
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
2015 AFROTC Instructor of the Year
2016 AFROTC Education Flight Commander of the Year
2017 Southwest Region Operations Officer of the Year
Second Lieutenant - April 6, 2006
First Lieutenant - April 6, 2008
Captain - April 6, 2010
Major - April 1, 2016
(Current as of Aug 2017)