Sergeant Marian April Pimentel Fargher is the Sub Region Section Chief for detachments assigned to Arizona State University, Northern Arizona University, University of Arizona, and University of New Mexico. She is attached to Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps (AFROTC) Detachment 028, at Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Prescott, Arizona. Her responsibilities are to provide SNCO guidance to assigned NCO’s, mentor and lead them both personally and professionally, and establish accountability of Professional Military Education (PME), upgrade training, job proficiency and personal development. She is also responsible for managing several areas of personnel and administrative support for Cadre and Air Force officer candidates at Detachment 028.
Sergeant Fargher enlisted in the Air Force in February 2005 as a personnel specialist. She completed the Personnel Apprentice Course in May 2005 at Keesler Air Force Base, Miss. She has 10 years of active duty service with experience working in base level personnel support positions and Commander Support Staff (CSS) teams at the unit, group, wing and field operating agency level. Sergeant Fargher was first assigned to Holloman AFB, N.M. She was assigned to several personnel positions which contributed to the unit winning the 2007 Air Combat Command Mission Support Squadron of the Year and also her selection as the 49th Mission Support Squadron Airman of the Year 2007. During her assignment to Royal Air Force (RAF) Lakenheath, United Kingdom, she worked for the Wing Additional Duty Cell as a Security Manager.
Sergeant Fargher was deployed to Camp Bucca, Iraq in 2007 in support of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM as PERSCO and also augmented the 886th Expeditionary Security Forces Squadron in Detainee Operations. Sergeant Fargher deployed to Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait as a DCAPES Operator in support of Operation NEW DAWN.
Prior to her current position, the Sergeant was the NCOIC of the CSS, for the National Air & Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. She managed a staff of four Personnel Technicians and one Knowledge Operations Manager. With her expertise and knowledge she prepared her team for the Air Force Surveillance Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance 2013 Compliance Inspection resulting in the first “Excellent” rating for the Center. She also supported two reorganizations by directing update of over 1500 records in the Military Personnel Data System during the largest organizational restructuring events in the history of the Center.
2015 - Bachelor of Science Degree, Human Resource Management, Park University
2008 - Associate’s Degree, Human Resource Mgmt, Community College of the Air Force, Holloman AFB, N.M.
2008 - Airman Leadership School, Osan Air Base, Korea
1. February 2005 – April 2005, Trainee, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, Texas
2. April 2005 – May 2005, Student, Personnel Apprentice Course, Keesler AFB, Miss.
3. May 2005 – March 2006, Mission Support Group CSS Apprentice, 49th Mission Support Grp, Holloman AFB, N.M.
4. March 2006 – September 2007, Outbound Assignment Journeyman, 49th Mission Support Squadron, Holloman FB, N.M. (January 2007-August 2007, PERSCO/Detainee Operations Augmentee, 886th Security Forces Squadron, Camp Bucca, Iraq)
5. September 2007 – August 2008, Customer Support Representative, 49th Force Support Squadron, Holloman AFB, N.M.
6. August 2008 – August 2009, CSS Personnel Programs Manager, 694th Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance Group, Osan AB, Korea
7. September 2009 – September 2010, Assistant NCOIC, Career Development, 48th Force Support Squadron, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom
8. September 2010 – September 2011, Wing Additional Duty Cell Coordinator, 48th Mission Support Group, RAF Lakenheath, United Kingdom (January 2011 – August 2011, DCAPES Operator, 386th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Ali Al Salem AB, Kuwait)
9. October 2011 – June 2015, NCOIC, Commander Support Staff, National Air & Space Intelligence Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. July 2015 – January 2017, NCOIC, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, Detachment 028, Prescott, Ariz.
11. February 2017 – Present, Sub Region Section Chief, Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps, Detachment 028, Prescott, Ariz.
Meritorious Service Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with two oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal with bronze star
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Airman Basic - Feb. 15, 2005
Airman - Aug. 15, 2005
Airman First Class - June 15, 2006
Senior Airman - Aug. 15, 2007
Staff Sergeant - July 1, 2009
Technical Sergeant - May 1, 2014
Master Sergeant - June 1, 2017
(Current as of September 2017)