The mission of the Ph.D. in Aviation program is to produce outstanding scholars for careers in research and teaching in the aviation field. At Embry-Riddle, Ph.D. in Aviation students take part in a rigorous, research-driven program that pushes them to their greatest potential.
This is accomplished by focusing on these Program Educational Goals:
- Develop mastery of the central theories and concepts in the field of aviation, including foundations, safety management, economics, and regulatory procedures
- Pose and solve theory-based and research-based problems designed to advance applications in the field of aviation
- Extend the aviation body of knowledge by conceiving, planning, producing, and communicating original research
- Develop and demonstrate expertise in instructional processes
- Demonstrate leadership, collaboration, and communication necessary for scholarly work in aviation
For more information, please visit the Ph.D. in Aviation website.