The Interdisciplinary Studies program combines the strengths of Embry-Riddle's respected position in the aviation and aerospace industry with the freedom to adapt to the changing future of the job market. It allows you to have the stature of an Embry-Riddle education in a degree program you design to match your interests and aspirations. The program requirements include combining three minor areas of study with the core degree requirements to create a custom academic program. Our faculty, advisors and career counselors work with you to meet your career goals, reviewing your progress and interests as you advance through the program. Before graduation you will engage in a capstone experience - an interdisciplinary directed study course or a career related internship position.
The core requirements emphasize effective communication, quantitative skills, global awareness, social responsibility, information technology, critical thinking skills, teamwork, business functional skills, aviation/aerospace industry familiarity, and a commitment to lifelong learning.
Apply Now or Learn More:
- Create a customized program based on your academic interest
- Work closely with expert faculty with industry experience
- Explore career options through internships and co-ops
- Prepare for careers and graduate programs that increasingly cross academic disciplines
View requirements for the B.S. in Interdisciplinary Studies degree on the Catalog site.
The program develops graduates with an entrepreneurial spirit who cross boundaries, make creative connections, and become leaders in aviation, aerospace and related industries. The Interdisciplinary Studies degree responds to the need for graduates with training in areas such as technology, global studies and cross-cultural relations. Combining three chosen areas of study with the core requirements leads to exciting careers in fields including:
- Accident Investigation
- Airport Operations and Management
- Aviation/Aerospace Business
- Commissioned Officer in U.S. Army or U.S. Air Force
- Global Technology
- Helicopter Pilot and Operations
- Industrial Security
- International Business and Communications