This major is based on an understanding of basic economic and business decision-making. Students will have the opportunity to analyze private and public sector activities across cultures, social and environmental consequences of business action.
The Bachelor of Science in Global Business curriculum is designed to enhance and build on thorough training in basic business practices and to enhance student technical, human relation, and conceptual skills and knowledge appropriate for global business.
Students earning their degree in global business will be able to accomplish the following:
- Understand the interrelated economic, market, social, ethical, political, and environmental forces affecting the basic forms and the growth of global business activities.
- Assess the role of domestic and international organizations such as World Trade Organization (WTO) and International Monetary Fund (IMF) on the global marketplace.
- Demonstrate an appreciation for the significance of multicultural diversity in the work force and knowledge of the complexities associated with expatriate life in the global marketplace.
- Evaluate, select, and implement strategic choices international managers face when entering new markets and competing in diverse overseas business and cultural environments.
- Incorporate ethical analysis into current and future business decisions in international business.
- Draw conclusions regarding the role of external forces such as culture on international business.
Increasingly business leaders are reorienting their managing, planning, and operations to capitalize on opportunities that exist in the global market. The Bachelor of Science in Global Business curriculum is designed to enhance and build on thorough training in basic business practices and to enhance student technical, human relation, and conceptual skills and knowledge appropriate for global business.
As the business management world becomes more complex, competitive, and diverse, entering the International Business field presents a world of exciting opportunities.
A Bachelor of Science in Global Business degree gives students the chance to learn about international accounting, international economics, international finance, international marketing, international business policies, international business laws, and best practices. In addition, students will learn about business ethics, cultural ethics, trade regulations, and international managerial skills, which are essential for success in global market place.
The field of Global Business is growing, especially in the management analysis field. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment among management analysts is expected to grow 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations . Demand for the services of management analysts will grow as organizations continue to seek ways to improve efficiency and control costs.
Students with degrees in global or international business may find the landscape to be very competitive along with lucrative employment opportunities in government and private industry.
With an international business degree, graduated students could work in a number of positions in many different industries. Some common job titles for global business degree holders include:
- Management Analyst - Management analysts help to improve organizational efficiency, reduce costs, and increase revenues. Companies who are interested in expanding have a particular need for management analysts who can offer advice on doing business in the global market place.
- International Sales Representative - International sales representatives and managers contact potential clients in other countries to sell products and services. They may handle sales campaigns, sales contracts, and similar tasks.
• International Financial Analyst - An international financial analyst monitors and reports on finances for international operations. They may create budgets and assist with strategic planning.
- Market Research Analyst - A market research director oversees marketing policies. They also help to research potential markets and plan marketing campaigns.
- Interpreter - Many companies with broadening international ties needs interpreters and translators to help them do business. If a person is fluent in a foreign language and graduates with an international business degree, he/she could aid in communication in almost any foreign market.