Embry-Riddle recognizes the exceptional contributions to our university made by students from around the globe. We pride ourselves on the diversity of our students who come from more than 25 nations. You can expect comprehensive social support from your first day on campus. Also, we will work with you in completing your application materials and find answers for your most pressing concerns.
Admission is open to all qualified applicants without regard to race, gender, creed, color, national origin, age, handicap, or religion. Embry-Riddle is authorized under federal laws to enroll nonresident, nonimmigrant students entering the United States on an F-1 Student Visa.
Apply for admission to Embry-Riddle through our online application
(Note: Information in bold only applies to Transfer Students)
- Pay the $50 application fee, either by credit card or bank draft
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit a one-page personal essay
- If you are a transfer student please submit a leaving certificate or other proof of completion of upper secondary school
- Submit official transcripts of all upper secondary or college/university coursework completed. To be considered official, these documents should arrive in the ERAU International Student Admissions Office directly from the school you attended in a sealed envelope.
- We must receive both original language documents and English translations
- If transferring from a college/university outside the United States, you may be required to submit an official credential evaluation completed by a certified credential evaluation company. The International Admissions Office will provide you with further information if this is required
- If English is not your native language, submit proof of English proficiency. English proficiency is proven by:
- Obtaining a score of 79 on the Internet Based TOEFL (IBT) or;
- Obtaining a score of 6 on the IELTS exam or;
- Obtain a score of PRE-1 on the EIKEN Exam (http://www.stepeiken.org/)
- APPLICANTS FROM MAINLAND CHINA: In order for the Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University admissions team to get to know our Chinese applicants better, we have partnered with Vericant. Vericant will conduct video interviews and short writing samples with our applicants in Mainland China. Vericant does not evaluate candidates but, instead, posts the interviews online for our admissions team to review.
- The Vericant interview, while not required, will form part of your application package; the interview will help us determine admission decisions for students with low TOEFL or IELTS scores.
- The Vericant interview will also be used for students interested in attending the Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI) in lieu of the TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Vericant interviews should be completed not later than July 1.
- To learn more about Vericant and to schedule an interview, please visit Vericant's website.
- Students may also show proof of English proficiency by:
- Completion of the Embry-Riddle Language Institute (ERLI) at the Prescott campus.
- Transfer students who complete courses at their current college/university which are deemed equivalent to the Embry-Riddle English composition requirements, may submit transcripts showing these courses to fulfill the English proficiency requirement.
- Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in Prescott, AZ partners with Associates in Cultural Exchange (ACE) to provide another means of completing the ERAU English proficiency requirement. Students who complete Level 6 at an ACE Language Institute can be admitted to the University; ERAU will offer conditional admission to students completing ESL with ACE Language Institutes. To find out more about ACE Language Institutes and the relationship with ERAU-Prescott, please visit http://www.cultural.org/esl/.
- Submit proof of funding for at least one year of study. See the Application for Admissions - Affidavit of Support for details on the amount of funding required. Proof of funding is not required for admission decisions. However, this proof of funding needs to be received prior to the issuance of any immigration documents.